The Kansas School Psychologist of
the Year award is intended to identify and recognize a KASP member in good
standing who is an outstanding practicing school psychologist. The award
winner is one who:
- is a dues-paid member the year they are nominated
- spends the majority (80% of their time) providing
direct services to students, teachers and parents in school settings
(administrators, researchers, or trainers are not eligible).
- performs their job in an exemplary manner
- is well respected by those with whom and for whom they
- demonstrates ethical and professional behavior
- is a child-focused problem solver
- is a KASP member in good standing during the year the
award is given
The recipient of the Kansas School Psychologist of the Year is submitted as a nominee for the NASP School Psychologist of the Year Award.